Buy a Gift Voucher
The Blacksmiths Toolbox Masterclass
Hand Made Hammer and Tools
This intensive 4 day master class is a rare chance for beginning and seasoned blacksmiths to add to their knowledge and tool collection. The sledge hammer striking is a challenge for mind and body, your strength, fitness, and tool experience will empower your outcomes. Students will be guided through the process of making a wide variety of blacksmithing tools to add to your workshop and gain valuable insights into how to forge and modify tools to suit any projects you wish to work on. Many of the tools made in this course are hard to buy nowadays and even second hand ones are expensive if you can find them.
Over the duration of the masterclass students will make learn to make:
- Rounding hammer
- Top and bottom fullers
- Hammer eye tongs
- Cupping tool
- Hardy hot cut
- A variety of punches and drifts
All materials, lunch and snacks , insurance, use of tools and equipment, workshop consumables and safety gear.
- Forging many tools to take home
- Emphasis on the traditional fashion of forging with a striker
- Finishing and polishing of some tools with a linisher
- Heat treatment
- Handle fitment
- Morning tea and lunch provided. If you have any special dietary requirements please ensure you bring something that meets your needs.
- All materials will be provided for the completion of the tools including handles.
- Hearing, eye and respiratory protection will be provided or you may bring your own if they're suitable
- Develop tool-making skills to become a self sufficient blacksmith
- 2 and 4 person striking
- Extensive hand forging techniques including, tapering, punching, drifting, upsetting, fullering and more
- Create a collection of tools of the trade
- Work within a vestige of Australia's industrial past: the Eveleigh Locomotive Workshop
- Morning tea and lunch included
- A favorite hammer, gloves etc. if you so wish.
Please wear clothing appropriate for a workshop. This includes long pants and sleeves preferably natural fibre, solid shoes/boots
This class is designed for enthusiastic amateur blacksmiths as well as profesionals looking to expand their knowledge
Eveleigh Works requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Eveleigh Works to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Eveleigh Works or organised by Eveleigh Works must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Eveleigh Works.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Eveleigh Works unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Eveleigh Works classes and events or on Eveleigh Works's premises. (For use of Eveleigh Works marketing materials).
Eveleigh Works requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.