Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Please note this class no longer includes the burner kit.
The kits are available for purchase though Gameco.
If you've got blacksmithing down pat, maybe it's time to take your tinkering to your backyard and build your own gas furnace? In this intensive one day course Matt Mewburn will show budding smiths how to build and test their own gas forging furnace. The furnace can be used at home for blacksmithing work, heat-treating, non-ferrous casting work or for making Damascus steel.
Gift vouchers are posted using Regular post. If you have purchased a gift voucher and would like Express Post, this will incur an extra fee. To arrange Express Post please email Matt at: email@example.com
Duration: 8 Hours
- Students will build a insulated gas furnace body.
- How to cut, line, weld and plumb an old LPG gas bottle
- A forging furnace, excluding the burner kit
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher
- Materials provided
- Safety gear: leather blacksmithing aprons, eye protection and ear plugs
- Just yourself!
- Lunch is BYO, or can be bought from local cafes
Enclosed shoes (preferably work-boots), natural fibre pants and long sleeved shirt
Smiths with basic blacksmithing experience. Hobby blacksmiths.